[Ecls-list] Help needed, really

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Sun Jan 2 09:47:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 3:21 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Now let's put this in context. Should OpenAxiom or any other ECL user want
> to link against a preinstalled GMP, or gnome library, would they demand that
> the library supplies this information? How would they obtain that
> information?

Is ECL just s random library or at the minimum a Lisp system?
I must confess that until now, I thought it as primarily a Lisp
system that provided a library.  I had been using it that way,
and was expecting to find similar usefulness as from other
free Lisp system.  I may very well have been wrong; in which
case, I offer my apologies from having brought this issue based
on wrong expectation of usefulness.

-- Gaby