[Ecls-list] MinGW build

francogrex at mail.com francogrex at mail.com
Sat Jan 1 15:46:34 UTC 2011

I guess, there is no a need to fix configure it works fine on all
systems I tried (linux with-dffi is ok), it was just not working on
mingw/msys/winxp because with-dffi was looking for a lbffi that comes
with mingw and that's not what ecl wants. So I reverted to add a small
old piece that was enabling dffi by default (ecl-version 0.9l I think).
And that worked just great. I guess one can just customize it for his
own build on mingw/msys/winxp.

But it's fine now. However "the Internal or unrecoverable error in: not
a lisp data object" after requiring asdf is troubling me. I tried to
use gdb to see why is that happening but couldn't get it to work
(what I did to try to debug was compile asdf.lisp with c-file t and
then I use gdb on ecl with: set breakpoint pending on and: break
asdf.c:(some line #) but when run, the system exists with the same
error message and doesn't even let me enter the debugger).
Note however that when I run ecl and use (compile-file "asdf.lisp") it
compiles ok and when I (load "asdf.fas") it loads and works fine. It's
only when I exit ecl and run it again and directly (load "asdf.fas")
that it gives the error!
Rgrds