[Ecls-list] ECL with XAMPP

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Wed Feb 23 21:50:01 UTC 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:28:33 +0100
Márcio Faustino <marciombfaustino at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm just trying to get started with writing Lisp as a CGI script. Have you ever tried something like this? If so, what did you use/do?

It is of course possible to do it, but I would only advise CGI scripts
for early testing, because of the various performance and security
drawbacks.

Like Zach said, a long running process will be best for performance.
For instance, you could use a library that talks HTTP; another
possibility would be one that talks FastCGI or a custom protocol.  In
both cases, a "gateway" HTTPd could forward requests for dynamic
content to the matching application server.  Yet another way is to use
a server which allows the use of an embedded Lisp language through a
module, such as mod_ecl/mod_lisp for Apache.

You might be interested in http://www.cliki.net/Web which shows many
resources.
--
Matt