[Ecls-list] ecl, fricas and cygwin

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Wed Feb 23 20:29:28 UTC 2011

Martin Rubey wrote:

> Dear Juanjo and Waldek!
>
> I'm trying to build fricas for two colleagues on cygwin/MS Windows
> again, with no success.
>
> I tried two things:
>
> 1.)
>
> downloaded ecl-11.1.1.exe, installed it, linked it to /usr/local/bin
> such that calling ecl on the cygwin-bash prompt invokes it (works fine).
>
> However, fricas configure fails right at the beginning, since it uses
> the "wrong" pathnames, i.e., it tries to
>
> > (load "/cygdrive/d/fricas/config.lisp")
>
> Filesystem error with pathname #P"D:/cygdrive/d/fricas/config.lisp".
> Either
>  1) the file does not exist, or
>  2) we are not allow to access the file, or
>  3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link.
>
> (the "right thing" in this setup would be (load "D:fricas/config.lisp"),
> it seems...)

Little extra comment: FriCAS build system normally assumes that
if file "f.lisp" exists in current directory than concatenating
output of 'pwd' with "/f.lisp" produces valid namestring usable
by Lisp.  I wrote normally, because MinGW with MySys is an
exception: 'pwd' produces Unix-style filenames, but MinGW
binaries use Windows pathnames.  For Cygwin I expect Cygwin
binaries (that is ecl) to understand output of Cygwin 'pwd'.

Martin, could you verify that that 'pwd' in top of FriCAS
source directory (where 'config.lisp' lives) really gives
'/cygdrive/d/fricas')?

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl