[Ecls-list] ECL with XAMPP

Márcio Faustino marciombfaustino at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 19:28:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:39:46 +0100, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:

> Márcio Faustino <marciombfaustino at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Is it easier/faster to use Lisp as a CGI script language under Linux?
>
> A common model for CL web work is to start a long-running Lisp process
> and communicate with it over a socket. That way you don't pay the
> startup costs repeatedly.

Like this <http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/html/mod_lisp.html>?

I'm just trying to get started with writing Lisp as a CGI script. Have you ever tried something like this? If so, what did you use/do?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:48:20 +0100, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2011/2/22 Márcio Faustino <marciombfaustino at gmail.com>
>
>> I also noticed that it takes a really long time to load Quicklisp whenever
>> I start up ECL, almost 2s.
>

> This is a problem with Windows. When ECL has to load a compiled filed it has
> to make a copy of it. It can't just use DLLOpen because that "locks" the
> file and avoids recompilation / deletion of the file. That means ECL has to
> copy each one of the compiled files of each library that Quicklisp requires.
> Add to this the fact that Quicklisp is not using ECL's extensions, which
> allow merging multiple compiled files in a single FASL file and you get the
> slow loading times. Help is welcome on how to solve this -- there might be
> better ways to do this.

I thought you could call LoadLibrary(Ex) multiple times using the same path/name and it would return the same handle. Anyway, I don't know anything about this either so I might be writing non-sense.

--
Márcio Faustino