[Ecls-list] Documentation missing

Marko Kocić marko.kocic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 11:07:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Stas Boukarev <stassats at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is rarely any value in looking for documentation of symbols in CL
>> package, I always use C-c C-d h (slime-documentation-lookup) to lookup
>> them in CLHS.
>
> I second this. The only exception could be the information about function
> arguments -- Slime uses that on real time when auto-completing, and
> currently this information is stored in documentation strings in ECL.

Well, it depends.

For example I use ac-slime[1] and find it very convenient to see full
documentation of the symbol when completing, not only arglist which is
usually dislpayed in minibuffer. That way I don't have to switch to
browser to look up CLHS or lispdoc[2]. Sometimes just names of the
arguments are not enough (for me) to understand how to use the
function.

[1] http://github.com/purcell/ac-slime
[2] http://lispdoc.com

Regards,