[Ecls-list] cl_boot and the -dir directive

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:43:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:50 AM, <aaron at pageofswords.net> wrote:

> >From the command line, I can call ecl with the -dir directive to set the
> "root" directory for the ecl install as follows:

This directive and many others are not part of the Common Lisp library. It
is the default command line parser (see cmdline.lsp in src/lsp) that
processes it. Embedded ECL will not attempt to parse command line arguments
-- that is your program's job --. The argc argv arguments to cl_boot are
just used to save those values in functions/variables that can be used by
cmdline.lsp, or any other command line processing library you wish to use.

See http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch17.html

To change ECL's directory you can copy the code from cmdline.lsp or set the
environment variable ECLDIR from your "main" routine (setenv/putenv).