[Ecls-list] ECL with XAMPP

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 21 21:40:21 UTC 2011

2011/2/20 Márcio Faustino <marciombfaustino at gmail.com>

> Now the issue I'm having is when I try to load Quicklisp. The first problem
> was that "(user-homedir-pathname)" returns "/" so it cannot find where
> Quicklisp is really installed, which in my case is
> "C:\Users\marcio\quicklisp". I then tried to hardcode the path:

Seems you already solved the other problem -- environment variables have to
be set for Microsoft Visual Studio to work --, but regarding this,
USER-HOMEDIR-PATH is a rather standard function that follows this logic:

* On Unix, it uses the home directory.
* If HOME is defined, it takes that value
* On windows, if HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH are defined, they are joined to form
a directory
* Finally, as a last resort, "/" is used.