[Ecls-list] debugging: local variables in the compile functions

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon Feb 21 18:01:13 UTC 2011

Hello.

When I debug compiled functions, I can't inspect local variables. Is it supposed to work so, or it's a bug or maybe I am doing something wrong?

For example this functions. After compilation, locals are not available in the debugger:

(defun test(a b c)
  (declare (optimize (debug 3) (speed 0) (safety 0)))
  (let ((x a) (y b) (z c))
    (test2 x y z)))

(defun test2 (a b c)
  (break))

(Actually I am trying to debug the ASDF bundled with ECL, because I want to tweak it's behavior a little).

Best regards,
- Anton