[Ecls-list] UTF-8 sequence decoding errors [Was: Upcoming changes]

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 13 08:53:11 UTC 2011

2011/2/13 Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>

> I also did a test relating to my previous suggestions about a way to
> preserve intact invalid input at output, later refered to as "UTF-8B"
> by Andy Hefner previously, and it seems possible.

There seems to be scarce support around for these encodings, and even less
literature about it. I found a couple of references in the Unicode mailing
lists and a few blogs entries
    http://bsittler.livejournal.com/10381.html
Searching for DC80 also reveals similar entries, as DC80-DCFF seems to be
the favorite range of characters to encode invalid sequences. I think I
could easily code this, but there should be some consensus on its utility.