[Ecls-list] CVS update suspended, git continues

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:31:43 UTC 2011

Sourceforge has discontinued temporarily or definitively the use of CVS.
Seems their goal is to enforce use of SCM for security reasons. In any case,
while they make up their minds, they have switched off all access for now 5
days. We can not afford to remain off-line, specially in view of the number
of changes that are being submitted, and the number of bugs fixed in the
last days.

I have decided to move on and proceed updating only the git tree. If
Sourceforge at some point restores CVS, I will upload all remaining commits,
beginning with the last one, e6d180e7df3cbc91be08bb2a3b9793c01468a679  But
if Sourceforge forces us to move to SCM, I will simply delete the CVS tree
and stay with git.

Note also that Sourceforge's problems also caused our compiler farm to
become off-line, offering no updates about the different builds. This
situation may also prolonge for a while, as their goal is to replace the old
web system with one that has a more restricted access policy, whatever that
means. Unfortunately this a more serious problem, as being unable to update
the webpage means that no testing can be verified, no updates can be done to
the release cycle and no patch release can happen in the coming days.

Tonight I just uploaded 16 patches whose content was summarized in a
previous email. Please verify them and report problems, and sorry for any
inconvenience.