[Ecls-list] compatible gui libraries

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 2 16:13:30 UTC 2011

ECL does have weak pointers and that could be used to implement weak hash
tables, but it has not been done.

And regarding what I said, note the difference between libraries that work
on other implementations and libraries that do not support ECL because they
demand nonstandard implementations -- the later case should be regarded not
as a bug, but as a feature request (interface available in Sourceforge as
well).

However, in many cases those dependencies can be worked around by library
developers. In particular I doubt that trivial-garbage needs weak hash
tables at all  given that ECL has finalization.

Juanjo