[Ecls-list] Another question

Paul Bowyer pbowyer at olynet.com
Sun Dec 18 19:52:34 UTC 2011

Hello again Juanjo

I've just gotten a test copy of the 64-bit version of PCLinuxOS running
on another computer and as part of checking it out, I  have tried to set
up ECL on it. Everything seems to have gone correctly and ECL installed
apparently without problems, but when I ran the tests, I experienced
more failures in the ansi.log file for the 64-bit install than I get
with the 32-bit install that I have been using.

It may be that I just don't have something installed on the 64-bit
system that I need, but I couldn't determine that just by looking at the
config.log, which completed with exit 0.

I used the following configure incantation for both ECL installations:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local -enable-threads --with-__thread=no
--enable-boehm=included --with-clx=builtin

The 64-bit install may be a little more current than the 32-bit install,
but it's within 1 or two days.

The last few lines of ansi.log for the 32-bit install
33 out of 21713 total tests failed:
(COMMON-LISP-PACKAGE-NICKNAMES
COMMON-LISP-USER-PACKAGE-NICKNAMES
BOUNDP.5
PROCLAIM.ERROR.7
CTYPECASE.15
CTYPECASE.16
EQUALP.5
EQUALP.6
DEFGENERIC.ERROR.20
DEFGENERIC.ERROR.21
CALL-NEXT-METHOD.ERROR.1
CALL-NEXT-METHOD.ERROR.2
DEFMETHOD.ERROR.14
DEFMETHOD.ERROR.15
MAKE-CONDITION.4
UPGRADED-ARRAY-ELEMENT-TYPE.8
FIND-ALL-SYMBOLS.2
EXP.ERROR.4
EXP.ERROR.5
EXP.ERROR.6
EXP.ERROR.7
EXPT.ERROR.4
EXPT.ERROR.5
EXPT.ERROR.6
EXPT.ERROR.7
MAP.ERROR.11
ALL-STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTIONS-ARE-INSTANCES-OF-THAT-CLASS
PRINT-LEVEL.8
PRINT-LEVEL.9
FORMAT.LOGICAL-BLOCK.23
SYNTAX.DOT-ERROR.1
COMPILE-FILE.6A
COMPILE-FILE.18)
real time : 642.791 secs
run time  : 53.000 secs
gc count  : 585 times
consed    : 7409026840 bytes
NIL
CL-TEST>

The last few line of ansi.log for the 64-bit install
39 out of 21713 total tests failed:
(COMMON-LISP-PACKAGE-NICKNAMES
COMMON-LISP-USER-PACKAGE-NICKNAMES
BOUNDP.5
PROCLAIM.ERROR.7
CTYPECASE.15
CTYPECASE.16
EQUALP.5
EQUALP.6
DEFGENERIC.ERROR.20
DEFGENERIC.ERROR.21
CALL-NEXT-METHOD.ERROR.1
CALL-NEXT-METHOD.ERROR.2
DEFMETHOD.ERROR.14
DEFMETHOD.ERROR.15
MAKE-CONDITION.4
UPGRADED-ARRAY-ELEMENT-TYPE.8
FIND-ALL-SYMBOLS.2
ASIN.6
ASIN.8
EXP.ERROR.4
EXP.ERROR.5
EXP.ERROR.6
EXP.ERROR.7
EXP.ERROR.10
EXP.ERROR.11
EXPT.ERROR.4
EXPT.ERROR.5
EXPT.ERROR.6
EXPT.ERROR.7
MAP.ERROR.11
ALL-STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTIONS-ARE-INSTANCES-OF-THAT-CLASS
PRINT-LEVEL.8
PRINT-LEVEL.9
FORMAT.LOGICAL-BLOCK.23
SYNTAX.DOT-ERROR.1
COMPILE-FILE.6A
COMPILE-FILE.18
MISC.528
MISC.529)
real time : 217.322 secs
run time  : 131.599 secs
gc count  : 479 times
consed    : 11482129616 bytes
NIL
CL-TEST>

The regressions.log file for both the 32-bit and the 64-bit installs
showed the same 8 out of 61 total tests failed.

Can you determine from the information I'm sending if I have done
something incorrectly?

Thanks

Paul