[Ecls-list] Benchmarking

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Mon Dec 5 23:54:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 00:27:26 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, I have produced some plots comparing the performance of
> ECL with a recent copy of SBCL (the one that came with Ubuntu). The goal is
> not really to compare implementations, but to see the evolution of ECL and
> how it works in different modes: interpreted, multithreaded, compiled, etc.
>
> http://ecls.sourceforge.net/pictures/index.html
>
> There is still room for improvement :)

Thanks for working on this, I since some time wanted to work on some
benchmark suite to compare ECL compiled performance over time/releases;
this is great.

As you say improvement is always possible, but this will also permit to
detect any future significant performance regression, which is already
very nice.
--
Matt