[Ecls-list] building a static library that depends on CFFI

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 10 20:43:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Simon Ortiz <o.simon at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to build a static library that uses CFFI. I want to make the
> library monolithic. For testing I tried to build a static library that
> invokes the C sin function, but I fail to produce the binary. I'm
> doing this on a Mac, using ECL 11.1.1, with no :dffi in *features*:

Dear Simon, thanks again for providing me with such a detailed test case. I
have finally managed to find out the problem: one of the ASDF-ECL compoments
(monolithic-lib-op) needed special build rules, as it is the only one that
can not be constructed out of statically linked libraries.

I have uploaded a potential fix. Could you try it?

Warning: Will be off-line for some days. Please excuse if I do not answer
quickly.