[Ecls-list] Threads and signal masks

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Fri Aug 5 03:59:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 19:38:22 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> (ext:posix-signal-action signo behavior)
> 	where BEHAVIOR could be :IGNORE :DEFAULT :CATCH
> 	using sigaction(2) for :IGNORE or :DEFAULT,
> 	letting ECL handle it and issue a condition for :CATCH
>
> (ext:posix-signal-mask signo boolean &key (scope :global))
> 	where setprocmask(2) would be used for SCOPE :GLOBAL
> 	and pthread_sigmask(2) would be used for SCOPE :LOCAL
> 	An error would be signaled if :LOCAL is used in a non-MP build

Well I have a preliminary implementation, which now builds fine but
unfortunately when building software dependent on it I get a C compile
error which isn't caught at compilation-time:

 ecl-server2.c:851: error: too few arguments to function 'si_posix_signal_action'

Similarily to the earlier problems with catch-signal.

I won't be able to resume working on it tonight, and unfortunately have
no clue right now what I missed.  I'm unsure that the prototypes I
added to external.h are right, or the proclamations.

So I here attach what I have so far in case it's obvious to you; I
might be able to resume working on it this weekend.

Thanks,
--
Matt