[Ecls-list] getting ecl to work

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Wed Sep 29 16:37:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:18:13 +0200, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> In a private conversation Isaiah told me that he was assuming asdf-install
> and asdf are the same thing. Regarding the other problem he found, which I
> quote here
>
> (asdf:load-system "test")
> Cannot find the external symbol LOAD-SYSTEM in #<"ASDF" package>.
>
> the answer is that one has to load ASDF before using it. This is done using
> (require 'asdf) before.
>
> (ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 10.7.1
> Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
> Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
> Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
> ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
> under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
> Type :h for Help.
> Top level.
> > (require 'asdf)

> ("ASDF" "CMP")
> > 'asdf:load-system
>
> ASDF:LOAD-SYSTEM

Obviously my issue is MinGW-specific, then.

Also, pardon my hasty incompetence, I now realise that NAMESTRING
isn't the culprit, it now appears more like LOAD doesn't perform enough
path frobbing to turn "d:/usr/src/ecl-bin/asdf" into
"d:/usr/src/ecl-bin/asdf.fas", and try that instead.. still looking at
it.

--
regards,
  Samium Gromoff