[Ecls-list] Compiling ECL under Wine

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at cs.tamu.edu
Sun Sep 12 12:00:26 UTC 2010

Hi Juanjo,

Yesterday, I tried to cross build a native Windows ECL compiler but it
looks as if the current configure/build infrastructure puts far more
burdens than it ought to be -- and this goes back to some discussions we
had last month.  More on that later.

I then decided to use Wine to compile ECL.  I needed to apply the
patchlet attached to this email.  The first hunk is needed because even
though a true windows system won't mind that the '.exe' is left out
ecl_min is invoked, the build environment still cares.  The second hunk
is needed for a similar reason.  Although NTFS is case-insensitive and
case-preserving, the build filesystem may still care.

The build did not complete because of some issues related to how wine
maps drives to actual build pathnames, but my suspicion is that it is close.

-- Gaby