[Ecls-list] executables produced with make-build break in cffi-grovel

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 12 08:56:14 UTC 2010

Hi again,

sorry for the delay. This was not an easy problem and right now I am
travelling a lot, but I believe I have found some causes and a solution.

Problems:
- Dependency on symbols from the C package
- Dependency on symbols from ASDF (cffi-grovel)
- Dependency on a directory from its project (cffi-grovel)
- Dependency on the ASDF methods (cffi-grovel)

Solutions:
- C package is now built at boot time
- A new package "prebuilt-asdf" can be listed as a dependency in your
projects.

For instance this now builds and runs

(asdf:defsystem :foo
 :description  "This ASDF system gathers all the packages of the IMCP
Test-Server program."
 :depends-on ("iolib" "prebuilt-asdf")
 :components ((:file "test")))

However the problems seem to signal an actual problem in the packages that
use cffi-grovel, for this is listed as a runtime dependency and not as a
compile-time dependency.