[Ecls-list] Big patch

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Fri Oct 22 03:57:56 UTC 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:13:22 -0400
Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:

> Other than some of my own software I didn't run test suites, but I've
> observed no other problems yet despite the huge changes.

Oh :( when in SLIME REPL and issueing code generating an error, the
error is issued once at the REPL, then instead of SLDB entering I get
an endless repeatitive error:

; SLIME 2010-04-15
CL-USER> (foobar)

The function NIL is undefined.
Available restarts:

1. (RETRY) Retry SLIME REPL evaluation request.
2. (ABORT) Return to SLIME's top level.
3. (CLOSE-CONNECTION) Close SLIME connection
4. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.

Broken at SI:BYTECODES. [Evaluation of: (FOOBAR)] In:
Debugger received error: Cannot print object #<process TOP-LEVEL 0810afc0> readably.
Error flushed.
Broken at SI:BYTECODES. [Evaluation of: (FOOBAR)] In:
Debugger received error: Cannot print object #<process TOP-LEVEL 0810afc0> readably.
Error flushed.
[...repeat...]

[I send a break interrupt]
[SLDB enters:]

Interrupt from Emacs
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
 0: [CONTINUE] Continue from break.
 1: [RESTART-DEBUGGER] Go back to debugger level 1.
 2: [RETRY] Retry SLIME REPL evaluation request.
 3: [ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.
 4: [CLOSE-CONNECTION] Close SLIME connection
 5: [RESTART-TOPLEVEL] Go back to Top-Level REPL.

Backtrace:
  0: DEBUG-IN-EMACS
  1: INVOKE-SLIME-DEBUGGER
  2: SIMPLE-BREAK
  3: INTERRUPT-WORKER-THREAD
  4: DISPATCH-EVENT
  5: G390
  6: CALL-WITH-CONNECTION
  7: DISPATCH-INTERRUPT-EVENT
  8: G393
  9: INVOKE-OR-QUEUE-INTERRUPT
 10: G392
 11: STREAM-WRITE-CHAR
 12: #<bytecompiled-function 08eeb348>
 13: #<bytecompiled-function PRINT-OBJECT>
 14: #<bytecompiled-function BYTECODES>
 15: EVAL-REGION
 16: G712
 17: TRACK-PACKAGE
 18: G711
 19: CALL-WITH-RETRY-RESTART
 20: G710
 21: CALL-WITH-BUFFER-SYNTAX
 22: REPL-EVAL
 23: LISTENER-EVAL
 24: #<bytecompiled-function BYTECODES>
 25: EVAL-FOR-EMACS
 26: PROCESS-REQUESTS
 27: HANDLE-REQUESTS
 28: G435
 29: CALL-WITH-BINDINGS
 30: G428
 31: CALL-WITH-CONNECTION
 32: G426
 33: G216
 34: CALL-WITH-LOCK-HELD
 35: STREAM-READ-CHAR
 36: READ-EVAL-PRINT
 37: SIMPLE-REPL
 38: G394
 39: CALL-WITH-USER-BREAK-HANDLER
 40: G391
 41: CALL-WITH-DEBUGGER-HOOK
 42: G133
 43: CALL-WITH-BINDINGS
 44: CALL-WITH-CONNECTION
 45: SIMPLE-SERVE-REQUESTS
 46: SERVE-REQUESTS
 47: ACCEPT-CONNECTIONS
 48: SERVE
 49: SETUP-SERVER
 50: START-SERVER
 51: #<bytecompiled-function BYTECODES>
 52: #<bytecompiled-function BYTECODES>
 53: NIL

Even after deleting ~/.slime/fasl/ and emacs rebuilds SLIME.
At the ECL REPL however, I simply get:

> (foobar)

The function FOOBAR is undefined.

Available restarts:

1. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.

Broken at SI:BYTECODES. [Evaluation of: (FOOBAR)] In: #<process SI:TOP-LEVEL 0807afc0>.
>> ^D

I'll try upgrading SLIME when I can and test again.

Thanks,
--
Matt