[Ecls-list] ECL failure with Pierre Mai's Deflate library

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Mon Oct 4 12:43:11 UTC 2010

I'd like to use Pierre Mai's Deflate library with ECL, but it fails on
every gzip file I test. Attached is a small tarball that demonstrates
the problem. It has deflate.lisp from Deflate 1.0.1, a small "gunzip"
definition, and a 107-byte gzipped file input.gz. Loading "fail.lisp"
will compile and load deflate.lisp, gunzip.lisp, and then attempt to
gunzip input.gz.

When I use "ecl -norc -load fail.lisp", I get this error:

    An error occurred during initialization:
    Error detected during deflate decompression: Block length mismatch
    for stored block: LEN(51656) vs. NLEN(46000)!.

It does not fail in any other CL I've tried, and I think I've tried
almost all of them. It produces the expected output.dat, a copy of
fail.lisp.

What can I do to help fix the issue?

Thanks,
Zach