[Ecls-list] Help needed: autoconf with spaces in names

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Sun Oct 3 20:31:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 22:16:21 +0200, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> It seems that "configure" does not work when one of the directories contains
> a space in the name. Is this a known limitation?

I have never /ever/ tried to run configure with --prefix having spaces
in it.

On Linux due to cultural reasons.

On Windows -- because MinGW strongly encourages one to install itself at
disc:/MinGW, and one would have to be pressed hard to --prefix a package
into outside of MinGW's /.

--
regards,
  Samium Gromoff