[Ecls-list] asdf-install

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Wed Nov 17 15:44:38 UTC 2010

Daniel Herring wrote:

> Anyway, I would recommend against using asdf-install. It was never
> that good, and now Quicklisp provides a better solution.

  Except when Quicklisp doesn't provide the package you need.

FWIW (and although I don't actually use it much), I still have:

| (asdf-require 'asdf-install)

in my .clrc, and with a fresh:

- git clone of ECL
- ./configure; make; make install

Every ASDF system I try to load from my init file /after/ asdf-install
gives me this (for example):

; registering #<system :COM.DVLSOFT.RCFILES> as COM.DVLSOFT.RCFILES
An error occurred during initialization:
Error while trying to load definition for system com.dvlsoft.rcfiles from
pathname
/Users/didier/Science/Source/Common Lisp/cl-rcfiles/com.dvlsoft.rcfiles.asd:
In function CAR, the value of the only argument is
  #<The BUILT-IN-CLASS SYMBOL>
which is not of the expected type LIST.
zsh: exit 1     ecl

I need to comment out the loading of asdf-install for now.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com