[Ecls-list] fatal: relocation errors on Solaris x86 and OpenSolaris 64-bit.

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Tue Nov 9 22:18:17 UTC 2010

On 11/ 9/10 07:28 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Dr. David Kirkby<david.kirkby at onetel.net>wrote:
>
>> On 11/ 9/10 07:16 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Dr. David Kirkby<david.kirkby at onetel.net

>>> On two machines, fulvia and t2, one is Solaris/Sparc the other one
>>> Solaris/Intel. I no longer have OpenSolaris.
>>>
>>> juanjo
>>>

>> Thank you. I will investigate. I can give you access to a fast OpenSolaris
>> machine easy enough. But I'm puzzled why it works for you and not for me. I
>> took the 10.4.1 source and updated that one file. I'll try with the latest
>> git snapshot of ECL.
>>

> Maybe that is not the only change that fixed it. There have been a lot of
> changes between 10.4 and CVS.

OK, thank you. I will have to hunt to see if I can find it. I will double-check
my facts first.

Is there likely to be a new stable release any time soon? We want to update ECL
in Sage, as the current version in Sage is not building on Fedora 14. But if
there's a new stable ECL coming soon, we might as well use the new ECL

>  But perhaps you wish to wait until I settle up
> the testing with CVS and those machines (fulvia and t2). I mean until you
> see an OK here: http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs.html
>
> Juanjo

I'll keep an eye on that, but the general Sage policy is not to use cvs
snapshots, only stable releases. However, that policy has many exceptions! But
in general its a good one I think.

Dave