[Ecls-list] Unknown type C::CHARACTER-DESIGNATOR

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon May 17 21:40:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu> wrote:

> I just updated my local tree of ECL HEAD to see the effects of ECL on
> OpenAxiom after the recent wave of commits.  It still does not build.

I know. I just finished another set of commits and was starting to go
through OpenAxiom. I am confident that things will work out, and I am
already seeing (without type inference) a 15% speedup in the ANSI tests.

> you would get the note
>
> ;;;   at (DEFUN CHAR2NUM ...)
> ;;;   Unknown type C::CHARACTER-DESIGNATOR. Assuming it is T.

There was a type declaration missing in the database of proclamations
src/cmp/proclamations.lsp Thanks for reporting!

http://tream.dreamhosters.com