[Ecls-list] Megapatches ahead

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed May 5 20:58:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> Before posting about inlining, I had existing code using a structure
> with fixnum slots, and in the resulting code only generic functions were
> used, but the code also lacked declarations before using the slots.

Yes, that would be an application. The objective, though, is more
sophisticated type inference that spreads beyond one statement and that can
keep track of different expected types along different code branches. Or
"backwards" type inference that can infer the type of a variable based on
the uses in different functions.

http://tream.dreamhosters.com