[Ecls-list] Proclaims and compiler

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Wed Mar 31 08:24:48 UTC 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis
> <gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
>>
>> >  Then your "program"
>> > has a series of statements that are executed, in the order of compiled
>> > files
>> > you supplied as an argument to C::BUILDER. Just insert a "require"
>> > statement
>> > in one of the earliest files, so that it takes effect ASAP.
>>
>> OK, thanks!
>
> I forgot to say that you might as well add the compiler library as a
> component to C::BUILDER ("sys:libcmp.a")  or use ASDF and MAKE-BUILD with
> the compiler as a dependency. In both cases the compiler will be part of the
> standalone program.

According to the documentation,

   http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch24s03.html

a string is assumed to designate an object file build from lisp code, whereas
a symbol is assumed to designate a statically linked library.

However, if I specify sys:libcmp.a it is interpreted as reference to a symbol
LIBCMP.A in the SI package.  If I specify "sys:libcmp.a", it is translated to
"sys:libcmp.o" which of course does not exist.

-- Gaby