[Ecls-list] Integrating Monolithic Static Libraries with asdf

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 27 19:40:15 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 8:34 PM, Seth Burleigh <seth at tewebs.com> wrote:

> It now all works except for this:  when i do
>  (asdf:make-build :utils :type :binary :monolithic t :move-here
> "~/lisp/")
>
> it no longer creates a .fas file, only a .a, .asd, and .fasb file. If i
> rename the .fasb file to .fas, it works, otherwise it fails with
>
> "Filesystem error with pathname #P\"/home/seth/lisp/utils-mono.fas\".

This is a problem of recent ASDF which imposes its own choice of file
extensions instead of trying all the possibilities from LOAD. Renaming is
not a solution -- I had not contemplated the possibility of monolithic
prebuilt systems, which must have the *.fasb extensions, but a simple
workaround is to explicitely add the keyword :type "fasb" to the system
definition.

http://tream.dreamhosters.com