[Ecls-list] si:file-stream-fd && gray:stream-file-descriptor

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sun Mar 21 17:17:41 UTC 2010

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:15:29 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> FORCE-OUTPUT (on streams that are not file streams) does report errors. It
> looks at the output of fflush() and when this is EOF, it calls the following
> function, which inspects the error condition and _always_ reports an error
> unless the error was an interrupt, in which case it retries.

Thanks for showing me, as although I had read the involved code I
didn't check at the restartable_io_error() function as it only seemed
like to check for EINTR, which is common in such loops (especially with
that function name).

This is not urgent, and can be done for a future major release, but it
probably would be nice to have as part of the condition the state of
ferror() and feof().  I might eventually submit a diff for this.

When I can I'll test if I can trigger the error and how CL code can
deal with it.

Thanks,
--
Matt