[Ecls-list] Error reporting to slime for c-inline/redirecting gcc output?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 19 10:24:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de>wrote:

> I suggest you look into the ECL source how it spawns the gcc processes,
> and try to redirect gcc's output into the Lisp world.

One short term goal is to replace all calls to EXT:SYSTEM with calls to
EXT:RUN-PROCESS in the compiler. This is tricky because both functions work
totally different: one takes a single string, the other one needs a list of
strings, each one with an argument for the compiler or linker. Splitting the
list has to be done with great care because of potential spaces in
arguments, etc, etc. Other than this, it would have the great benefit that
we could filter out and pretty-print the C compiler error messages.

http://tream.dreamhosters.com