[Ecls-list] thread-specific data

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Tue Mar 16 04:56:26 UTC 2010

Hello,

Is there already an existing facility permitting CL user code to bind
thread-specific "special" or global data?  I see some code related to
local bindings suggesting that perhaps, using LET to create a binding
would only affect the current thread.  Should threads needing
thread-specific globals use such bindings in a closure?

Or perhaps we also should add a hash table to the thread context
structure such that we may also present an interface similar to
pthread_[get/set]specific(3) as part of MP?  Or to introduce special
variables which instead of being process-global would be
thread-specific globals, i.e. using (define-mp-parameter *foo* 'bar),
or (declare (thread-specific *foo*)) or the like?

Thanks,
--
Matt