[Ecls-list] with-clos-streams=no => without cmu format

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 15 15:24:47 UTC 2010

CMU (or SBCL) has something call "ANSI" streams, or something like that,
which are structures that behave like streams. They are used by the pretty
printer and also by FORMAT.

In ECL we do not have that. We cannot cast arbitrary structures and impose
that I/O operations work on them. The closest thing are Gray streams and
this is what we use to implement CMU's FORMAT and pretty printer.