[Ecls-list] Mingw build broken

Andy Hefner ahefner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 20:46:03 UTC 2010

At some point in the last month, building under Mingw has broken. My
copy from early Feb still builds correctly. I'd provide more detail,
but I've attempted building it three times from three (slightly
differing) ECL checkouts, and gotten completely different errors each
time. One produced an inscrutable errors concerning _beginthreadex and
GC_beginthreadex, another (most recent Git checkout with no
modifications except updated GC) complains in "config.lsp" about a
filesystem error with pathname "#P"c:/" (presumably it thinks it does
not exist), another failed in a way I've forgotten. Sorry I'm not
being more helpful, but building ECL on WinXP takes forever (the
configure script alone seems to take five or ten minutes), and I'm a
bit exhausted.