[Ecls-list] 10.3.1 slime issues

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Mon Mar 8 18:10:10 UTC 2010

On Mar 8, 2010, at 12:34 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:

> I have a fairly recent iMac aluminium 24" and I bought my PhD students a bunch of unibody MacBook Pro laptopts and other iMacs. We all use Aquamacs (stable 1.9, not the release candidate 2.0) for interactive coding (C++, Matlab), LaTeX editing, and now for Slime as well. It is not unstable, works, and I never had a crash with it since I started using it with OS X 10.4,  through 10.5 and now 10.6.2

Hearing this, I thought that there must be something local to my machine. I deleted the entire ~/Library/Aquamacs Emacs/ directory and all the previous problems are now gone. Even the 2.0 candidates work fine with ecl.

Have to say though, a corrupt preferences file shouldn't cause an application to not show entire windows or crash outright.
$%&*@# Aquamacs, grumble, grumble...

The good news is that any problems I had are nothing to do with ecl which is a real pleasure to use now with slime.

Congratulations Juanjo!

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro