[Ecls-list] 10.3.1 slime issues

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sun Mar 7 22:00:09 UTC 2010

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 22:40:27 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> There is something wrong in your system. If ECL loads ASDF then when REQUIRE
> is invoked, it should not load profile.fas but profile.asd (which
> incidentally loads profile.fas). Could you try the same with '-norc'

Thanks for the hint, it indeed worked with -norc, so I then checked my
~/.eclrc and there was a line which was inadvertently overriding
asdf:*central-registry* instead of appending to it.  Fixing that line
causes multiple instances of require on the same system to work, as
well as unmodified slime to work.

Sorry for the touble :)

That aside, I noticed that the new swank backend indeed now select(2)s
as previously discussed here, using the serve-event contrib.  I however
noticed that the select call uses a very small timeout (about 1/4th of
a second); is that because it must as well poll a non-selectable source
for new events?  Or is it unintended?

Thanks,
--
Matt