[Ecls-list] OpenSolaris issue : Error: suffix or operands invalid for `mov'

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 19 08:33:47 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 9:59 AM, David Kirkby <david.kirkby at onetel.net>wrote:

> It does not look to me like Maxima is being compiled - at least not in
> the sense of using a compiler like gcc.

Tthen it means that ECL itself is not capable of loading. If I interpret
that the error is due to the causes shown in the link you mentioned, that
would mean the compiler is broken, because ECL does not have 2GB data and
nevertheless Sun's linker is not capable of handling the relocation of its
statically addressed data.

Since all that does not make sense, the problem must be somwhere else. This
suggests that GCC may be missing a flag when building the shared library:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/7791

Currently we use (src/configure.in)
        SHARED_LDFLAGS="-dy -G ${LDFLAGS}"
        BUNDLE_LDFLAGS="-dy -G ${LDFLAGS}"
but maybe we should instead used -shared

http://tream.dreamhosters.com