[Ecls-list] In LET/LET* bindings, the type of the form NIL is SYMBOL, not FIXNUM.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 15 21:03:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Matthew Mondor <mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net>wrote:

> I am seeing this warning with HEAD ECL when compiling some code for
> which I don't see how a value is unexpectedly NIL.  I'm wondering if
> perhaps it could be a bug in the new compiler?

This is simple to understand: you declared a variable A to have type FIXNUM
but did not provide any intial value or, more precisely, according to ANSI,
the initial value is NIL, as in

(let (a) (declare (fixnum a)) (setf a 0) ...)

That is valid but not really correct code and I am happy that ECL is
figuring out that problem :-)

http://tream.dreamhosters.com