[Ecls-list] About the myth of slow starting

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 5 18:09:57 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis <
gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:

> my question is: is there anything that can be done for fast module

The obvious thing would be to have data already there in memory. I am
working towards building more and more data as C "static const" data: all
numbers and strings are already like that. Some time ago I did experiments
on achieving the same with arbitrary data and results were mixed. In any
case it is not something as simple as writing one function and you are done:
this is what you pay for having absolutely relocatable data vs. loadable
memory images with fixed addresses.

http://tream.dreamhosters.com