[Ecls-list] Return values sometimes missing on REPL

Erik Winkels aerique at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 4 08:09:35 UTC 2010

Thanks again Juanjo,

That explanation makes it even clearer and helped me avoid potential
problems in my code.

"Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" wrote on Thursday 2010-06-03 22:31:

> Normally I recommend using embedded code written with c-inline because
> there you just use @ magic to set the values.

Yes, that was my initial approach when trying to talk to Ogre3D from
ECL [1].

Then I wrote Okra[3] which are CFFI wrappers to Ogre.  This approach has
some advantages and disadvantages which I won't go into now.

I'm now trying pure ECL again and defining the functions from C.  This
has its own set of (dis)advantages, but it is more promising than my
initial ECL attempt and I've now got the first example from Okra
(examples/simple-okra.lisp) working.

cheers,
Erik

[1] http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46408