[Ecls-list] cl_boot crash

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 28 09:36:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 2:13 AM, John DeSoi <desoi at pgedit.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to create a 4D plugin to host ECL (OS X 10.5.8). I call cl_boot
> when the plugin is initialized, but 4D always crashes. If I trace under GDB,
> it appears to crash in GC_push_all_eager at the line "q = (ptr_t)(*p);"

There might be some incompatibility between the garbage collector and 4D's
code. To ensure this is not the case, remove the call to cl_boot() and call
instead GC_init(). If the collector still crashes then this is the culprit.
Otherwise one would have to look for other causes. BTW, for safety when
embedding in multithreaded applications I would recommend *not* using
--enable-gengc