[Ecls-list] Type propagation

Alexander Gavrilov angavrilov at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 17:38:58 UTC 2010

> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Alexander Gavrilov <angavrilov at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > I have stripped down and reimplemented the type propagator. Right now it
> > is
> > > kind of stable and implements forward type propagation for most forms.
> >
> > I wonder how difficult might it be to add a few more primitive
> > unboxed types and builtins using them?
>

> It would be easy, just changing cmpffi.lsp to add them as C representations
> of certain lisp types, and then adding inline forms for certain operations,
> such as addition, subtraction etc, in cmpnum.lsp, plus some functions in the
> core to convert to/from them.

Today I tried to add some native support for the SSE2 data
types to ECL, and to a certain extent it seems to work:

http://github.com/angavrilov/ecl-sse/commit/cbe378d285bcdc90dadd43cd039ff8128e4c6850
http://github.com/angavrilov/ecl-sse/commit/c03f83265ea6c46d648e64957b9fb0b7009c03e7

I wonder if there are any immediately obvious errors.

Also, is it at all possible to support using constants of
these new types in compiled code without adding a readable
representation?

Alexander