[Ecls-list] How to compile statically against ECL?

Erik Winkels aerique at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 17 12:38:52 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Is it possible to compile libecl.so as a static library as well?  I've
been looking through the docs and ./configure --help but didn't see it
and I'm wondering whether I missed something before I go dig deeper.

One of my goals for my ILGE 2010 entry was easy distribution of a binary
executable and on Linux this usually means just statically compiling
everything one uses into one big executable to avoid all the library
issues on different distributions (but I just might to have to bite
the bullet and release deb- and rpm-packages instead).

I just assumed this would be possible with ECL but I never checked it
(shame on me).

What I want to do is compile a C program that has all the bindings to
the C / C++ libraries I use and that starts up an ECL REPL and develop
in Lisp from there.  (That's actually what I'm doing now except it's not
compiled statically.)

Erik