[Ecls-list] SETF expanders and interpreted code

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Thu Jul 15 21:38:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:49:36 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your detailed report! I think the reason for all your
> problems is that SETF functions are undefined whenever you use DEFSETF,
> DEFINE-SETF-EXPANDER and similar macros. After digging a little bit, this is
> an unspecified behavior so I removed it. The test suite seems to work just
> fine with this change. Could you please verify that your code is ok with
> that?

And thanks for the quick response and fix!

I could test a newly built ECL, and confirm that I no longer get the
undefined SETF function error.  I was also getting SIGSEGV/segfault
signals using INCF earlier but am now getting another error for INCF,
which might indicate a problem in my SETF expansion temporary/storage
variables.  I'll have to take a deeper look at them when I can.

Thanks again,
--
Matt