[Ecls-list] Bug in argument checking based on function proclamation

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 1 21:39:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:12 AM, Gabriel Dos Reis <
gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
> <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > * Proclamations are also used to deduce the type of a function's
> arguments
> > and create argument type checks.
> >
> The function arguments checking seems to have a bug.

Thanks a lot for the test case. I identified a problem with how FTYPE
declarations are parsed. I did not detect the problem because I was focusing
on PROCLAIM, not DECLAIM. It should be fixed now, but just started an
OpenAxiom build to make sure -- Maxima works, though.

> 1. The argument-type in the function proclamation is simple enough
>    that ECL should not be confused.
>
> 2. ECL pretends that there are too few arguments for proclaimed
>    BEGIN-DOLLAR-P.  Yet, the function was proclaimed to be
>    of arity 1, and there is exactly one argument supplied in the call.

These two were caused by the error I just fixed.

> What are the notes about propagating FUNCALL and C-INLINE about?

The type propagator is complaining about forms for which there is no type
propagation code. I just disabled some of them, but seems I forgot FUNCALL.