[Ecls-list] More on special variables and multithreading

Yue Li xyly781 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:16:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 3:32 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
> <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Inlining C code is not easy, but it is somehow working right now. The
>> things are getting hairy enough that I had to ditch macros in favor of
>> "static inline" C functions. This means the code may be faster or slower
>> depending on what your compiler supports. However I am pretty confident that
>> all GCC variants, MSVC and Sun's compiler do support "inline" in one form or
>> another.
>
> The code is now in CVS. It should be tested tonight. Next thing should be
> finding out the keywords for "inline" in other compilers so that all
> platforms benefit from this and we can use this now portable feature (part
> of C99) to speed up other parts of ECL.

   I rebuilt and tested ECL MP package on both Linux and Mac OS, and
seems it crashes, for example:

> (mp:all-processes )

(#<process SI:TOP-LEVEL 0000000100600f60>)
> (mp:process-join (mp:process-run-function 't' - 1 2))

T is not of type MP:PROCESS.

Available restarts:

1. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.

Broken at SI:BYTECODES. [Evaluation of: (MP:PROCESS-JOIN
(MP:PROCESS-RUN-FUNCTION 'T '- 1 2))] In: #<process SI:TOP-LEVEL
0000000100600f60>.

Thanks,

Yue