[Ecls-list] More on special variables and multithreading

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 24 09:32:23 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <
juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Inlining C code is not easy, but it is somehow working right now. The
> things are getting hairy enough that I had to ditch macros in favor of
> "static inline" C functions. This means the code may be faster or slower
> depending on what your compiler supports. However I am pretty confident that
> all GCC variants, MSVC and Sun's compiler do support "inline" in one form or
> another.

The code is now in CVS. It should be tested tonight. Next thing should be
finding out the keywords for "inline" in other compilers so that all
platforms benefit from this and we can use this now portable feature (part
of C99) to speed up other parts of ECL.