[Ecls-list] Few mingw build problems

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 21 23:28:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Marko Kocić <marko.kocic at gmail.com> wrote:

> - Profile package was not built. After manually compiling it and
> copying to install folder I was able to require it and it seemed to
> work from little testing I did.

It is strange that it actually works: when building with system-gc, that is
with a pre-installed library, there is a function missing which the profile
package needs.

> - libgc-1.dll is not copyed in install folder during installation. I
> think it should be copied because msys/local/lib folder is not part of
> PATH under windows, so trying to run ecl.exe fails complaining it
> can't find it. Copying it manually to install folder fixes it.

System libraries are called like that because they are installed in your
system in well defined locations. ECL will not attempt to copy or move them
in any platform. It would be weird.

> - newcmp build doesn't work, but I suppose you are aware of it, since
> it doesn't work in linux either.

Yes, it is not finished!

> - There are some problems with slime, but I didn't have time te
> investigate.
> As a side note, would it be possible to add slime/swank tests to ecl
> automatic test suide? Something like loading swank, connnecting to it,
> executing some simple command  and disconnecting.

Right now we are building swank (see
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs_lib.html) but due to a problem I have
mentioned often, we have no way to test it automatically -- limitations in
ASDF and in the libraries that are automatically built --. Well, it says
TEST-OK because some test was run, but there is little more that can be
automatically analyzed. There are people working on better test
environments, in particular Samium Gromoff has a nice project which I want
to install as a replacement, but did not find the time so far.