[Ecls-list] Cannot set compiler flags for compile-file

szergling senatorzergling at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 01:18:10 UTC 2010

On 1/15/10, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:16 AM, szergling <senatorzergling at gmail.com>wrote:

[[...snipped...]]

> Note that I have not provided or prepared infrastructure for relocating
> binaries of ECL in unices. It is just too complicated and it contradicts
> most users' expectations: peek the archive here and you will see a lot of
> emails that asked for hardcoding the location of shared libraries, etc.
>
> If possible I would recommend you to rebuild ECL in your home directory. The
> process is pretty painless, and IIRC, the arpa machine does provide enough
> space for doing that in a user account.

Hi Juanjo,

Thanks for the advice. This is just about expected for configure style builds
I guess. It's just not very Lispy, that's all.

Perhaps those are more Lispy if expressed as defconstants?

c::+ld-flags+
c::+ecl-include-directory+

etc... But sure, they are after all internal variables, so never mind.

I will look into rebuilding ECL one day. Not too keen on all that
dependency chasing (but clisp is worse, so that, along with various
other reasons, was why I finally decided to give ECL a try).

Cheers all! :)

Yong.