[Ecls-list] Latest changes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:03:36 UTC 2010

- TRUENAME and DIRECTORY are now thread safe. They no longer rely on
chdir() to grovel the filesystem, but rather use stat() and a
recursive inspection of the pathnames.

- --enable-precisegc has been deactivated by default.

- Removed a statement that deactivated the use of nanosleep in Darwin.

- Removed some stale debug messages in SOCKETS

- Fixed a problem with missing arguments in function calls from SOCKETS

- Fixed the code that creates two-way streams so that it works
different for Windows -- in Windows we can not use FILE and thus do
not allow buffering (more precisely :buffering is ignored)

- Added a new keyword argument :EXTERNAL-FORMAT to COMPILE

- Added new arguments, :EXTERNAL-FORMAT, :INPUT and :OUTPUT to
SOCKET-MAKE-STREAM

- A new feature, :WINDOWS, is defined for the Microsoft Visual C and
Mingw32 ports.

With these fixes I have managed to run Slime both in single- and
multi-threaded builds.  It seems that the  precise marking algorithm
was the source of some instability in multithreaded libraries -- I
still have to find out why.