[Ecls-list] About sockets - maybe last iteration?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 17 19:57:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Matthew Mondor
<mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net> wrote:
> I also saw about a twofold performance drop compared to with ECL 9, but
> it well could be because of this extra output.

I have removed the stale debug statements. Could you check now? There
should be no significant performance hits in moving from 9.12.3 --
quite the contrary, since garbage collection has improved and there
have been other improvements --. If you are specifically mentioning
performance of sockets, the use of two-way streams only happens when
you use :input t and :output t and even then it should amount to a
minimal overhead: one function call per read/write and an additional
function call when creating/closing the stream.